Monaca Debugger is an application for debugging that can check the functionality of the app on an actual device without building. When using Monaca Debugger, any changes made to the code immediately reflect to the actual running device. No build and run process are required. This would help to speed up the development and testing process. For more details, please refer to Monaca Debugger.
The app operations on Monaca Debugger may differ from the ones on the actual device. After building and installing the app, it is necessary to check its icon, installation and operations without Monaca Debugger. Moreover, the app works more slowly on Monaca Debugger than the built apps because of the connection to the Monaca Cloud IDE.
Monaca provides utility to check the display and operations of application which is the Live Preview feature on the Monaca Cloud IDE. In addition, you can check application operations on the device prior to building by using Monaca Debugger. Both are very useful tools for improving development efficiency, so please make the most use of them.
For some devices, such as devices from HTC, there are confirmed cases of which the debug log cannot be displayed. If possible, please inform us of any information about devices that have such problem via Monaca Support, we will look into it and provide the solution as soon as possible.
There may have problems of configuration in
AndroidManifest.xmlfile. If you use PhoneGap, please make sure to have this setting:
The following issues are the common issues and solutions when logging in Monaca Debugger:
- If your password consists of non-alphanumeric character(s). Pleasechange your password to alphanumeric character only.
- Please check your Internet connection.
- The email address was auto-completed. Please manually input theemail address and password.
Here are some important differences:
- 1.Where you download the debugger: Monaca Debugger can be downloadedfrom application markets. Custom build debugger can be installedfrom Monaca IDE.
- 2.Plugins included in the debugger: Monaca Debugger contains all coreCordova plugins. Custom build debugger will contain the plugins usersubmitted from Cordova Plugins configuration page.
- 3.USB debugging support (iOS Only): For iOS devices, USB debugging canbe only enabled when the app is debug built. Therefore, you cannotdo USB debugging on Monaca Debugger downloaded from App Store. Formore details, please see Monaca Debugger for iOS.
We are providing 3 different ways to debug your application.
- 1.Debug using preview panel
- 2.Debug using Monaca Debugger with Monaca IDE (Weinre)
- 3.Debug using Monaca Debugger with USB debugging
When you make changes to your project but those changes are not updated in the project on Monaca Debugger, please try the following steps:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Monaca Debugger.
- Reset Monaca Debugger.
In order to reset Monaca Debugger, please do as follows:
- 1.Clear temporary files on the debugger:
- For Android:
- From Monaca Debugger menu, go to
- Click on CLEAR SYNCED FILES and CLEAR STORAGE DATA buttons.
- For iOS
- From Monaca Debugger menu, go to
- Click on Clear Temporary Files and Clear Local Storage buttons.
- 2.Log out of the debugger.
- 3.Log in again.
console.logdoesn't work for Cordova 7.1 or later projects, check the following:
- 1.Please use the latest version of Monaca Core Utility. Monaca Core Utility can be updated by following the steps below.
- 1.Go to Config → Manage JS/CSS Components.
Monaca Core Utilitycomponent.
- 3.Then, re-add the component by clicking on Add button of
Monaca Core Utility.
- 4.Select the latest version and click on Install button.
- 5.Click on Save button.
index.htmlmust be set in uppercase. If it is set in lowercase, update it to uppercase.