Comment on page
Part 1: Starting a Project
This page describes step-by-step instructions of how to:
- preview your project right in the Monaca Localkit without the useof real devices.
- edit the project files.
Launch the Monaca Localkit and log in with your Monaca account.
After logging in, you are ready to create your first Monaca project locally. Follow the instructions below:
- 1.From the Monaca Localkit dashboard, go to + → Create.
2. Fill in the following information:
Project Name: create a name to represent your new project in the project list.
Working Directory: specify a directory where you want to save your project files.
Select Category: choose a template category for your new project.
Select Template: choose a template for your new project. Click the Preview button to see how each template looks like.
3. If the project is created successfully, the new project will be shown in the project list.
In the Monaca Localkit, you can run the project using the Live Preview function on your PC. However, some functionalities might not work properly. For more information, please refer to usage and limitations of the Previewer.
To preview a project, follow the instructions below:
- 1.From the Monaca Localkit dashboard, click the project we just created.
- 2.Click the Preview button.
3. A preview window will open:
4. You can test the app in the preview window.
- 1.Browse the project files from the Monaca Localkit dashboard. To do this, click the Open in... button and choose Finder.
2. A new window showing your project files folder will open. The project files that you will be editing are in the
3. Now, let’s edit the
index.htmlfile. Try changing something in the file and save it.
4. Use the previewer to see the changes. If the previewer is already open, the changes will be reflected immediately when you save the changes.