Part 1: Starting a Project
After successfully signing in, you will be redirected to the Monaca dashboard. There you can create your first Monaca project. Do the following:
- 1.From the Monaca dashboard, choose Create Project or Import to create a new Monaca project. If you select Create Project, you can create a new project based on various templates or from scratch. If you choose Import, you can create a new project from an existing Cordova/Monaca project in a few of different ways:
Import a project dialog
Create a project dialog
2. For this tutorial, we will choose the Create Project option. In the
Create Projectdialog, under
Sample Applications, select the jQuery TODO App template by clicking its Create New button.
3. Click the Make Project button.
4. You will then see the newly created project listed under the
Onlinetab of the dashboard.
Monaca Cloud IDE allows you to preview your project through a preview window without a mobile device.
Some functionalities might not be previewed properly because the preview window has several limitations on Ajax requests, Cordova plugin APIs, etc. For the full list of limitations, please refer to Usage and limitations of Live Preview.
- 1.From the Monaca Dashboard, open the project we just created. The Monaca Cloud IDE will open. The preview window is at the right side of the IDE by default.
2. Try adding some TODO items in the preview window.
All editable files are listed under the
- 1.From the
File Treepanel, choose a file to edit. Make some changes in the
index.htmlfile using the code editor. For example, change the title of the app.
- 2.Save the changes. You will be able to see the updates instantly in the preview window. Feel free to edit the project as you wish. For a more detailed explanation about this template, please refer to jQuery TODO App.