There are two types of dashboards in Monaca:
- 1.Developer dashboard: used on the developer accounts to develop and manage projects.
2. Team Dashboard: used on the administrator accounts to manage the developer team and licenses as well as tickets in a company.
In order to access the Team Dashboard, you are required to subscribe to a valid plan. Please refer to Pricing.
There are two types of enterprise and business accounts:
- 1.Administrator account
- An account for managing developer accounts and licenses, plugin licenses, support & CI tickets and contract information.
- Used for management only, independent of the general Monaca developer accounts. It can only be used to log into the Team Dashboard.
- If your account is both Developer and Administrator account, you can access Team Dashboard directly from Developer Dashboard and vice versa.
- 2.Developer account
- In the dashboard, the plan name is displayed as
Enterprise (company name)or
Business (company name).
- Enterprise users can use any power plugins for free while business users need to pay for each power plugin. The plugins can be acquired through the team dashboard (refer to Purchasing Plugin Licenses).
In a company, administrators can log into the team dashboard to perform tasks such as managing a developer team, purchasing and assigning developer licenses, purchasing and using support tickets and changing the contract type.
On the team dashboard, administrators are mainly doing the following tasks:
- Developer management: invite/remove developers to/from the team.
- License management: purchase and manage developer and power plugin licenses.
- Ticket management: purchase and manage support and CI (Continuous Integration) tickets, view ticket usage history and check the remaining number of tickets.
- Access restriction management: limit the access to the team and developer dashboards by using IP address restriction.
- Contract management: view/update the contract information, change the contract type and delete the team.
- Support request: contact Monaca support team for assistance.
Once you have registered and logged in as an administrator on the team dashboard, you should complete the following tasks before you can fully start using the team dashboard:
On the team account page, you can manage the developers and administrators in your team.
To add a developer into your team, click the Invite a developer button. Then, you will be asked to input the email of new member.
Inviting a developer to the team
The new member can be one of the following types of users:
- 1.A free Monaca user: this member can be added to the team right away.
- 2.A paid Monaca user: this member will need to cancel his currently contracted plan before being added to the team.
- 3.Not a Monaca user: an email will be sent to the member to register to Monaca and then being added to the team.
After adding a developer to the team, the added developer will be automatically in a trial state of the same plan as the administrator. For example, if the administrator is under a business plan, the added developer will be in a trial state of the business plan.
While in a trial state, the developer can use any Monaca services belonging to the assigned plan except creating a release build.
To add an admin into your team, click the Add an administrator button. Then, you will be asked to input the following information about the new admin.
Adding an admin to the team
For a business plan account, you cannot add any administrators because only one administrator is allowed in the business plan. However, an enterprise account can have multiple administrators.
On the developer license page, you can manage the developer licenses of your team. There are 3 types of developer licenses:
- 1.Bundled licenses: full licenses included in your contract
- 2.Trial licenses: trial licenses for evaluation purposes
- 3.Purchased licenses: additional licenses that you purchase
An example of the Manage License page
On the license key usage modification page, you can modify the usage of each license key:
- assign/remove licenses to/from developers
- modify the auto-renewal option for a license key
- modify the license period
Only developers who belong already to the team can be assigned here. Otherwise, you will need to invite them to the team first. Please refer to managing developers.
Modifying license usage
You can purchase additional developer licenses separately. Each license period is handled separately from the contract term. The usage period is counted after the purchasing is completed.
In order to purchase additional licenses, click on Purchase developer license button. Then, you will be asked to input the following information. After that, follow the purchasing wizard to complete the process.
Purchase additional licenses page
Business plan users can use power plugins by purchasing the plugin license. However, enterprise users can use power plugins for free.
If there are valid Power plugin licenses, all developers within the team can use the plugins (for a trial period). However, only the developer who actually has been assigned to the plugin license to can create a release build.
Power plugin license page
To assign a plugin license to a developer, follow the instructions below:
- 1.Click the Configure button of the plugin you want to assign to open the
- 2.Select a developer from the
- 3.Select the project that you want to assign the plugin license to.
- 4.Click Register to complete this assigning process.
Plugin setting page
If you are on trial, you cannot buy plugin licenses. Please register a full contract first. Each plugin license is valid for one year after a complete purchasing.
Purchasing plugin licenses
On the support and CI tickets page, you can to see the information related to support and CI tickets such as number of the available tickets, expiration date of the tickets and usage history of each ticket.
Support & CI tickets page
After a valid contract registration, a certain number of support and CI tickets are awarded monthly. However, you can purchase additional tickets and use them separately.
Purchasing additional support tickets
Purchasing additional CI tickets
On the access restriction page, you can limit accesses to either developer dashboard or team dashboard by using IP address restrictions. By default, there are no access restrictions.
You can change the access restriction to both dashboards as follows:
- 1.Click the Change button.
- 2.Select the
Filter by IP address rangeoption.
- 3.Input the IP addresses that you want to allow to access the dashboard. Input one IP address per line. You can also specify IP address range. Any texts after the white space will be considered as a note/description (see the example below).
Changing access restrictions
When modifying the team dashboard's access restrictions, you are required to input your current IP address in addition to other IP addresses. This is to prevent restricting yourself.
On the team information page, you can view and update your team information.
Team information page
On the contract information page, you can view and update your contract information.
If you are on a trial, you can see your trial period in the top page of the dashboard.
Contract information when you are on trial
You can either end the trial or wait until it is over to register to a full contract. When registering to a full contract, fill in the following information:
Contract registration page
After that, fill in the payment information:
Payment information page
If you choose
Credit Cardas your payment method, your contract plan will be effective immediately after completing the registration. However, if you choose
Invoice Payment, your contract plan will be effective after the payment is settled/completed.
Once valid payment information is filled, you will be asked to confirm your contract registration one last time before completing the process. Then, your
Contract Informationpage will look something like this:
Contract information page
On the invoice and receipt page, you can view the history of your previous settlements. You can also issue and download invoices of each settlement.
When issuing an invoice, you will be asked to specify the receipt address. This address can not be changed later.
Invoices can only be issued from a credit card settlement.
Invoice & receipt page
If you have any questions about the usage of the team dashboard, contract registration, changing payment method and so on, please contact us directly on the
Support inquiry form