For your flexibility and convenience during app development process, Monaca provides 3 different development environments:
You can choose your desired platform and start building your application. Follow these steps to develop an application using Monaca:
- 3.If needed, check the application functions using Monaca Debugger.
- 4.Configure your target device build settings and start building theapplication.
- 5.Download and install the built application file (
.apk) in asmartphone device.
We do not offer a template function for the projects.
The code editor on the Monaca Cloud IDE may not be able to handle scaling the display on your browser. Please use the Monaca Cloud IDE without using the browser's enlarge/reduce functions. (In many browsers, you can reset with
In addition, it is possible to develop in a team using various version management tools through Monaca Cloud IDE, GitHub, Git SSH linkage function, Monaca Localkit, Monaca CLI, etc.
The availability of this function depends on your Monaca plan.
If your plan is Gold, Platinum or Enterprise, team development allows you to:
- 1.Manage the team: add/remove members to the shared project.
- 2.Share the source code with multiple people (members are assigned as Developers):
- The easiest way is to use Monaca's built-in
sharefeature. Then, two or more people can open the same project in the IDE. However, if there are any conflicts, the previous version will be overwritten.
- The last option is to use Monaca for Visual Studio. In this case, the files can be managed by VS's built in Team Explorer functionality. Git, TFS, Visual Studio Online and other supported version control system can be used in this case.
- 3.Let multiple people to test the project (members are assigned as Testers): Use Monaca's built-in
sharefeature and share the project with the test members.
Currently, for general use, each user's resources are controlled by each account on the same server. We can handle on an individual basis of strengthening the security such as having an independent location of each resource or enforcing source IP restrictions for access (fee-based). Please contact us here.
Splash screen can only appear properly on a built app. It may not appear properly on Monaca Debugger. Therefore, please test the splash screen on a built app only.
Currently, you can use only a PNG file as a splash screen image in Monaca.
If Monaca Localkit's project list is not displayed properly, please try resetting the Monaca Localkit as follows:
- 1.Uninstall Monaca Localkit.
- 2.Open the user's home directory. For example:
- 3.Rename the
localkit.dbfile (For example:
localkit.db_bak) in the
- 4.Restart the PC.
- 5.Install the latest version of Monaca Localkit.
- 6.Start Monaca Localkit. At this time, a new
localkit.dbfile is created.