In order to publish Android apps at Amazon Appstore, you will need to create a developer account in the Amazon Apps Developer Portal. The registration is free.
Create a release build of the app
Using Monaca Cloud IDE build feature, you can build a release version of your app and upload it to the Amazon Appstore. Follow the steps in Building for Android to build the app with release build. Then, download the built app (an APK file).
4. The New App Submission page will appear. On this page, you will need to fill in the necessary information:
The name of your app
The category of your app.
Customer support contact
You can either use your default support information or input new information: email address, phone number and website.
5. Click Save. Then, the following page will appear:
6. Go to the Availability & Pricing tab, select the appropriate type of your app and answer the listed questions. Then, click Save.
Amazon covers over 200 countries. Your app can only be released after it has been approved.
7. Go to the Description tab. On this page, you will need to fill in the following necessary information and click Save.
The name of your app
The description of your app shown in the store.
The long description of your app shown in the store.
Product feature bullets
A list of your app’s features. They will be displayed in theamazon.comwebsite.
8. Go to the Images & Multimedia tab. On this page, you will need to upload at least 3 screenshots, a small icon (114x114 PNG file) and a large icon (512x512 PNG file) of your app. Then, click Save.
9. Go to the Content Rating tab. On this page, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire regarding the content rating of your app. Complete the questionaire and click Save.
10. Go to the Binary File(s) tab. On this page, fill in the following information and click Save.
Apply Amazon DRM?
Select Yes if you want that only authenticated users can see your application.
Upload your APK file. There is no size restriction for an APK file but files larger than 150 MB need to be uploaded via SFTP.
Select only the devices you intend to target with this binary file.
Select the available language support for your app.
Check this if your app can be imported to and exported from the United States and all other countries.
Use Amazon Maps Redirection
Amazon devices do not support the Google Maps API. However, the Amazon Maps API provides an interface parity with the Google Maps v1 API.
11. After completing the configuration, click Save draft. At this point, your app should be ready to be published.
Release the app
You can't publish your app unless you fill in the necessary information related to it. Once you complete the required information, click on Submit App to release your app. This button is disabled if the required information is not completed properly.
After the submission is complete, Amazon will review your app. The security of the app is the primary concern. The review takes typically 1-2 days to complete.
After approved by Amazon, your app will be published on the Amazon Appstore for Android. The release date will be the specified date and time you have set in the step 6 of the previous section or as soon as it’s approved if you haven’t set any date or time yet.
You can contact Amazon customer support at the Amazon Appstore for Android with any inquiries. They can assist you with various issues including how to submit your app or use the API.
Amazon badges for Amazon AppStore for Android
You can use the Amazon badges to promote the availability of your app on the Amazon store. Badges are available from Amazon Badges.