In order to use Monaca Cloud IDE, all you need is stable Internet connection and the latest Google Chrome browser. You may also need to have a smart mobile device to test your applications. To speed up your app development, we highly recommend you to install Monaca Debugger app on your mobile device. It allows you to test your apps instantly on your device without building/installing every time you make changes to the code.
Monaca is a browser-based IDE. Therefore, as long as you have a computer with a valid web browser (Google Chrome) and a stable Internet connection, you can develop iOS apps with Monaca.
However, when developing iOS apps, you are required to join Apple Developer Program. Moreover, in order to publish your apps to the App Store, you need to submit your application file (
*.ipa) via Application Loader which is only available on a Mac.
Fortunately, it's possible to upload your application file directly from Monaca Cloud IDE using Monaca Upload Feature. In this case, you don't need a Mac at all to either create or publish iOS apps with Monaca.
Monaca Cloud IDE is fully supported on Google Chrome browser. You may be able to open it on other browsers but various errors might happen. For this reason, we highly recommend to only use Monaca Cloud IDE on Google Chrome browser.
- Cordova Plugin APIs are not available.
- Ajax requests will fail because of Cross-origin restriction.However, it can be done if server-side scripts return
Access-Control-Allow-OriginHeader (i.e., Cross-Origin Ajax Request is permitted).
- Viewport appearance may differ from real devices.
- Monaca Backend API and Push Notifications can not be initialized.
In order to enable Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS), you just need to add the following header into a CORS response:
Moreover, to permit a URL which your app and debugger are allowed to get resources from, you can make configuration either using
If Monaca Cloud IDE is not working properly, please try the following recommendations:
- 1.Use the latest version of Chrome.
- 2.If you are already using the latest version of Chrome, try clearingthe browser's cache.
- 3.If you are using various extensions in Chrome, some of them mayinterrupt Monaca Cloud IDE. Therefore, please try launching MonacaCloud IDE from Chrome's Incognito Window.
Your projects may be automatically archived. This automation occurs when a Basic (Free) plan user is inactive for more than
180days. Several emails will be sent to remind the user before the archiving process is done.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to upload a plugin bigger than
200 MBon Monaca Cloud IDE. However, it is possible to import the plugin while building instead. In order to import the plugin while building, please do as follows:
- 1.Upload the plugin to any file hosting site. We recommend using GitHub.
- 2.On Monaca Cloud IDE, open
Import Cordova Plugindialog.
Specify URL or Package Nameoption.
- 4.Input the URL of your plugin file.
- 5.Click on OK.
The following message may be displayed on Monaca Cloud IDE.
Due to the security features added in Google Chrome version 79, if you enter a password that has already been leaked, you may see the above message. The password you entered may have been leaked, so we recommend that you change it to a new password.