This page demonstrates quick steps to migrate a PhoneGap project into the Monaca Cloud IDE. After finishing this guide, you can to run, test, debug and build an app of your PhoneGap project using Monaca.
Before starting the migration process, please make sure to read about the key differences in order to have a seamless migration.
Zip your PhoneGap project.
From the Monaca Dashboard, select Import and then Upload Project Package:
3. Browse your project ZIP file.
Project Name and
Description and click Import Project to import the project into Monaca.
5. Click Open in Cloud IDE to open your project in the Monaca Cloud IDE.
6. The following dialog will be displayed if your project’s package.json doesn’t have the
monaca:preview script. Please click Run Update to continue the migration process. Read this for more detail.
7. When the updating process is finished, you can view your app in the preview window by clicking the ➕ button and choosing New Previewer.
Monaca Debugger is an application for testing and debugging your Monaca apps on real devices in real time. When developing Monaca apps on your local PC, all changes you make to the project files reflect in the Monaca Debugger as soon as you save the changes.
Let’s get started with the Monaca Debugger as follows:
Install the Monaca Debugger app on your device from Google Play or AppStore.
2. Launch the Monaca Debugger app and sign in with your Monaca account. Make sure you are using the same account as for the Monaca Cloud IDE.
3. To run a project, simply tap on the project name in the Monaca Debugger or click Run on Device in Monaca Cloud IDE.
4. Your project should now be running in the debugger. Go ahead and try out your application. After that, try making some code changes and save them. You should see the changes reflected in the debugger.
After your app migration, let’s start building it. For simplicity, we only show how to create a debug build for Android in this guide.
From the Monaca Cloud IDE, go to Build → Build App for Android.
The debug build is selected by default. Click Start Build.
3. It may take several minutes to complete the build. The following screen will open after the build is successfully completed. Then, you can choose the way to install the app in your device.
To learn more about Monaca, please refer to the following materials: